We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The albizia is a spectacular tree, well known for its beautiful summer bloom.
In summary, what you need to know:
Last name : Albizia julibrissin
Family : Fabaceae
Type : Tree
Height : 6 to 12 m
Exposure : Sunny
Ground : Ordinary
Foliage : Expired -Flowering : Summer
Maintenance and pruning are all things that will contribute to the beautiful flowering and growth of your albizia.
How to plant an albizia
We plant albzia inautumn or to spring preferably in a place sheltered from strong winds.
Planting in the fall promotes rooting and therefore recovery, but only if the mild winter climate allows it.
In the colder regions, prefer a planting in spring,a place well sheltered from the wind and sunny because it naturally prefers temperate climates.
- It loves full sun, this is where it blooms the most.
- The albizia is very suitable for the Mediterranean rim and the Atlantic coast of the south of the Loire
- Find our advice tree planting
Hardiness of albizia:
The Ibizia is not very hardy and is particularly suitable for regions around the Mediterranean or on the Atlantic coast south of the Loire.
Elsewhere, it will depend on its location, the number of hours of sunshine and winter temperatures.
- Albizia is resistant to negative temperatures going as far as -5° approximately and therefore only suitable for mild winter climates.
Albizia near a swimming pool:
Given its flowering, its pollen and its cottony flowers that fly away in the wind, we strongly advise against planting an albizia next to a swimming pool.
Pruning and maintenance of the albizia
The albizia is a tree easy because it hardly requires any care.
- It's in leaving its antlers develop that it will be the most beautiful.
It naturally takes an umbrella shape which is best not to upset.
- Remove rejections regularly, these are the shoots that develop at the foot of the tree.
If you have to reduce or balance the branches of albizia.
- Wait for the end of flowering without pruning too late because a sudden strong frost could be fatal.
- Try to keep its port as an umbrella.
Flowering of albizia:
To improve the flowering of albizia, you can add granular fertilizer for flowering trees and shrubs in spring.
- Scrape the surface soil a few centimeters around the trunk
- Bury a few handfuls of fertilizer for flowering trees and shrubs
- Cover with soil
- The rain will do the rest by gradually washing out the granular fertilizer
Things to know about albizia
The rosy red flowers with crested stamens are particularly prominent and elegant.
The foliage and flowering give an impression of lightness.
This tree is also called the “silk tree” for this.
It is also called acacia or mimosa from Constantinople.
Its beauty, both in its foliage and in its flowering, justifies planting it in an isolated location in order to take full advantage of all its attractions.
Plant the albizia in full sun because it loves heat and its flowers will be all the more beautiful!
Photo © Thongchai